No Products in the Cart
Chicpea Chocolate Chip cookies
This quick, easy and satisfying little cookie is not what you think. Before you decide it's not for you, we were pleasantly surprised that it didn't taste like chic peas once it was cooked. We even did some blind tastings with happy takers that wanted seconds and thirds. This little gem is gluten free, grain free, high in fibre and protein and filling!
They are best served just cooled from the oven and won't last long.
Give them a go and let us know how you go.
1 1/4 cups chic peas
1/4 cup either maple syrup/rice malt syrup
3/4 cup macadamia or peanut butter
2tsp vanilla extract
1tap baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Drain a can of chic peas.
3. In a powerful blender add all the ingredients except the chocolate.
4. Blend until smooth. The mixture will be soft and dough like. Add your chocolate chips and mix through.
5. Roll 2tsp of mixture into balls and press with a fork onto a baking paper lined tray.
6. Bake for approx 10-12 minutes or until cookies are firm to touch and holding shape and starting to colour. Take out of oven and let stand on the tray for a few minutes before turning into a cooling rack. They will firm up as they cool.
Makes approximately 20 cookies