No Products in the Cart
Chocolate Decadence at its' Best!
This rich, smooth and creamy and crumbly Chocolate Tart is the perfect way to finish up a dinner party, any celebration or have just devour into because it's that good! It is all plant based and full of the richest chocolate flavour!
It is super simple to make and can be made ahead of time. You can decorate and garnish as you wish, but you can't go past the perfect pairing of chocolate and berries with a hint of peppermint.
I have made this a few times and it is always a hit. I have explored a few flavours, but I am and always have been a dedicated Peppermint fan so it is hands down my favourite. I infuse the flavour using the Young Living Essential oils, The Best Essential oils on the planet!
Young Living oils are pure and unlike any others I have used. they have a whole line of culinary oils that are safe to ingest so can be added to foods and beverages for great flavour. Orange and Tangerine oils also work beautifully in this tart as do Cinnamon and Ginger oils. I have made this tart a lot!!
I use a metal tart pan when making this, that is lined with baking paper, so it's easy to remove from the tin when the tart is set. I also freeze the tart so it sets quickly and gets that fudgy texture at serving time.
A silicon mould would also work, as well as a cheesecake tin or individual cupcake pans as well.
Once you make this delicious dessert, you will wonder why you haven't made it sooner! It can also be stored in the freezer for 1 month, but I know once you make this it won't last the day!
We'd love to see you versions of this recipe, so tag us on Facebook and Instagram @alkalinesuperfoods and @nikinaturopath.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Freezing Time: 2 hours minimum or overnight
300gm Plain Oreo Biscuits
180gm Dark Dairy free Chocolate (I use Lindt Cooking Chocolate)
1 cup (250ml) coconut milk ( I use Ayam canned coconut milk)
1/3 cup Vegan butter melted (Nuttelex works well)
1tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 drops Peppermint Essential oil (I use Young Living)
1. In a food processor process the Oreo biscuits until you get a biscuit crumb texture.
2. Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumb and pulse until well combined. Mixture should hold together well when pressed between you fingers. If too crumbly, add a little more melted butter, 1 tsp at a time until the mixture holds well.
3. In a baking paper lined tart tin, press the biscuit crumb mixture evenly and firmly into the tin. Put in the freezer while you make the ganache.
4. In a bowl break apart the chocolate into small cubes. Set aside.
5. Place the coconut milk into a pan and heat until hot on medium heat while gently stirring. Pour this over the chocolate and stir continuously until all the the chocolate is melted and mixed into the coconut milk. It will be a thick, smooth and creamy mixture.
6. Add the vanilla and your favourite Oil for an intense flavour boost.Stir well.
7. Pour this mixture while still warm into the prepared tart base. Smooth with a spatula. Gently tap the tart a couple of times onto a flat bench to remove any air bubbles. Put back into the freezer on a level surface and allow to set for 2 hours or overnight.
8. Before serving, let the Chocolate Ganache Tart thaw on the bench for 15 minutes. Add any garnish you choose and Enjoy!
For more recipes to restore your health and energy:
For Healthy Recipes and supplements click the links below!
For more Alkaline Recipes have a look at our Alkaline Cookbook
Eat Well! Be Well & Enjoy Life!
Naturopath & Live Blood Microscopist
Want to know more about us and how we can help you?